Graduate School Preparation
Research Graduate Programs
- Talk to professors, graduate students, or professionals who have pursued the program
you are considering.
- Use the Web to research different programs, their course offerings and expectations.
- Visit the University of Utah's Career Services Library to access even more information in hard copy.
Ask Revealing Questions
- How many students apply each year and how many are accepted?
- What is the average GPA of admitted students?
- What is the average GRE score of admitted students?
- Is the program and institution accredited?
- Where do graduates of the program find work?
Consider Uncommon Options
- Take courses in the program as a nonmatriculated student prior to applying-allowing
you to try on the program and gain a rapport with the instructors.
- Take night courses.
- Pursue joint degrees (e.g. M.P.A. while earning a J.D.).
- Build your own interdisciplinary degree.
Stand Out as a Star Applicant
- Garner real-world experience.
- Submit quality letters of recommendation-be ready to provide any useful information
to those writing letters.
- Show your passion for the program and its associated coursework.
Navigate the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) Successfully
2018-2019 Scholarship Application Deadline - MARCH 19, 2018 Apply HERE
Author Amitav Ghosh Award Event- March 26, 7:00 pm, Salt Lake Public Library - free
ENVIRONMENTAL HUMANITIES FILM SERIES - 6-9, Union Theater, Food & Beverages Provided
March 27: Chinatown (1974)
April 17: Baraka (1992)
The Edible Campus Gardens are always seeking more volunteers! Sign up for the U Campus Tilth, a Weekly memo
that includes volunteer times.
EnviroClub Spring Semester meeting times: Thursdays, 6-7 PM, Bldg 73, room 216
Volunteer Opportunity - Trail & Improvement work - Salt Lake Climbers Alliance
CSBS Events Calendar
Give to Our Student Support Fund
ENVST is housed in the
College of Social and Behavioral Science