Research the Profession.
- Shadow a practicing environmental lawyer.
- Contact law firms specializing in environmental law to learn about firm size and a
typical day's work.
- Ask environmental lawyers what they read professionally and pick up that material
to learn where your interests align.
- Question current law school students about their experiences and recommendations.
- Meet with the University College Pre-Law Advisor.
- Meet with the University of Utah College of Law Admissions.
Research Law Schools.
- Check out the ABA-LSAC: Official Guide to ABA Approved Law Schools.
- Scour school materials: websites, catalogs
- See how schools rank via a variety of ranking systems: U.S. News & World Report, Insider’s Guide
- Learn how many students apply each year versus the number accepted.
- Find the average GPA and average LSAT scored of admittees.
- Ask about the program's accreditation.
Find a Good Fit.
- What is their hoped-for student profile (background, diversity, interests, etc.)?
- Where do graduates of the program find work?
- Do they offer a joint JD/MS program?
Prepare for the Law School Admission Test (LSAT).
Register for the Law School Data Assembly Service (LSDAS) & LSAT.
- The LSDAS standardizes and centralizes undergraduate academic records to simplify the admission
- When application materials are complete and the LSDAS Report is complete, you will
Make your application stand out.
- The personal statement is 2-3 pages long and may substitute for an interview.
- Stand out by being creative, yet professional.
- Ask for feedback on your application from other people.
- Applications include Optional Diversity Statements. Complete this form and let the
selection committee know how YOU will contribute to the incoming class.
- If you have interruptions in your records, grades you would like to explain, or if
you have additional information that sets you apart, complete the Addenda on each
Obtain quality letters of recommendation.
- Obtain letters from academic professors who know you well (usually 2 or 3)
- Law programs want to know about how you will perform academically
- Include transcripts from all full-time degree-seeking schools (some schools require
- Transcripts should be sent to LSAC (LSDAS) and be updated as soon as new grades become
2018-2019 Scholarship Application Deadline - MARCH 19, 2018 Apply HERE
Author Amitav Ghosh Award Event- March 26, 7:00 pm, Salt Lake Public Library - free
ENVIRONMENTAL HUMANITIES FILM SERIES - 6-9, Union Theater, Food & Beverages Provided
March 27: Chinatown (1974)
April 17: Baraka (1992)
The Edible Campus Gardens are always seeking more volunteers! Sign up for the U Campus Tilth, a Weekly memo
that includes volunteer times.
EnviroClub Spring Semester meeting times: Thursdays, 6-7 PM, Bldg 73, room 216
Volunteer Opportunity - Trail & Improvement work - Salt Lake Climbers Alliance
CSBS Events Calendar
Give to Our Student Support Fund
ENVST is housed in the
College of Social and Behavioral Science